Verizon is one of the best email services among all the email services across the world. It has been providing the prominence services to all the users of Verizon email from last many years. It offers various advanced features including an automatic reply to messages, redirection and auto-forward to messages, option to provide copies of a message to many people at same time, sent you a notification if your email is not delivered to a specific email address and many more. However, it provides a feature to easily synchronize your email account with other email accounts like Outlook 2016.
In a recent survey, we have found that many users are facing problem in configuring the Verizon email with the Outlook 2016. Thus, we decide to provide you with the best possible solution for fixing the issue of setting up the Verizon email with the Microsoft Outlook 2016. Below we discuss a few simple steps which can help you in fixing the problem but try to follow these steps in ascending order to avoid trouble and error.
Steps to Configure Verizon Email Settings in Outlook 2016
Before going through the instruction just make sure that you have created a system restore point to save all your data in a secure place. Here how to do it:
- Open the Microsoft Outlook 2016 o your PC.
- Now, click on the ‘File’ menu.
- Click on the ‘Add Account’ option from the drop-down menu appears on your screen.
- Next, choose and click on ‘Manual setup or additional server types’ radio tab.
- Then, click on the ‘Next’ tab.
- Choose the POP or IMAP radio tab.
- Click on the ‘Next’ tab, and you will be redirected to the next window.
- On the next window, fill the following details to continue the process:
- Email address
- Account type
- Incoming mail server
- Outgoing mail server
- User Name
- After that, choose the checkbox located near the ‘Remember password’ option.
- Now, click on the ‘More Settings’ tab and navigate to the Outgoing Server tab to choose the checkbox located near to the option ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’ box.
- Once confirmed that you select the checkbox that is available near to ‘Use same settings as my incoming mail server.’
- Next, move to the ‘Advanced tab and provide the following information:
- Incoming server (IMAP): 993
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 465
- Hit the Ok tab.
- Press the ‘Next’ tab, and wait for few seconds until the Outlook completes the testing process.
- After completed the testing process, click on the ‘Close’ tab to close all the windows.
- Lastly, hit the ‘Finish’ tab and try to send a test email to yourself and also check that your Verizon email is working with Microsoft Outlook 2016 or not.
Shery Williams is an employee at a top email service provider company in the
day,and a technical writer at night. She is passionate about writing troubleshooting tips, beginner’s guides, news, and other articles on varied topics. She has written majorly on Comcast, Roadrunner and Verizon email support.